I’m starting this New Year with a deeper commitment to loving myself. Which inspires me to ask, what does that really mean? How do I love myself, and how can I do it even better?
A few years ago I wrote a post titled, How do I love me? Let me count the ways. Thinking about the value of this question and the need to be reminded to love myself, I thought this would be a good month to share it with you again, along with some new additions. These are just a few ways that I demonstrate loving to myself (when I remember to) that uplift and support me in my life.
After you read the list, think about what nourishes you, feeds your soul and makes you happy. You deserve to be loved by you, everyday.
How do I love me, let me count the ways…
1. Make time for activities I enjoy
2. Surround myself with positive and supportive people
3. Spend time in nature
4. Listen to my feelings with compassion and understanding
5. Sing in the shower
6. Cook delicious and healthy food that nourishes my body
7. Listen and honor my intuition
8. Spend time with people I love
9. Rest my body when I’m tired
10. Dance in my kitchen
11. Speak to myself with kind and loving words
12. Make time for silence
13. Express my creativity in fun and enjoyable ways
14. Walks in the fresh morning air in my neighborhood
15. Listen to music that moves me
16. Share love and appreciation with others
17. Take hot bubble baths
18. Sit in the shade of an old oak tree on a hot summer day
19. Smile at strangers
20. Having an adventure, going some place new
21. Treat myself to dinner out at a favorite café
22. Color in a coloring book
23. Take myself to the beach or go with a friend
24. Play with my puppy Sadie
25. Buy myself flowers
How do you love you? I would love to know, share with me and leave a comment.